Visual Communication of Science Workshops
Workshops and seminars
We run on-site workshops (1–2 days)for smaller groups and interactive seminars (1–2 h) for large audiences.
Work on own materials.
Participants send their publications in advance and we comment and work on their materials during the event.
Principles and best practices from graphic design and visual perception applied to scientific communication.
Our Workshops and Seminars
|Visual Design ofERC ProposalsWORKSHOP||Visual Communicationfor ScientistsWORKSHOPPDF flyer download||CustomizableTrainingWORKSHOP|
|Venue||At your university, research institute or company|
|Each participant takes home||A graphical abstract: own drawn, one or multiple.|
|Duration||3-4 h||1–2 days||2-X h|
|Audience||Researchers who writegrant proposals||PhD students,postdocs & others||PhD students,postdocs & others|
|Essential visual communication||✔||✔||✔|
|Visually consistent figures||✔||✔||✔|
|Colors & fonts||✔||?|
|Oral presentations with slides||✔||?|
|Image file-types in science||✔||?|
|Organizer can chooseto emphasize or omit any topic.||Organizer can choose1-5 additional topics.|
We also run on-site 1-2 hour seminars (or webinars – Skype):
- Effective Graphical Abstracts: design principles for visually presenting the main message of your paper.
- Conference posters: design good looking posters that invite people to talk to you.
- Visual design of project proposals: how to communicate complex messages to evaluators who are in a hurry.
- Presentations with slides: oral communication with visual amplification of messages.
How we work
We run our training on-site at the host institution. Participants send us their publications before the event so we can work on the examples relevant to them. The content of the workshop can be adapted to the interests of the specific audience.
- Workshops are limited to 20 participants.
- Participants receive printed handouts.
- Organizer provides whiteboard/flipchart, projector.
- Cost of training is provided on enquiry.
For institutions with a high number of interested researchers, we organize the training on consecutive days. On the first day we run several seminars which all participants attend. On the following days we run workshops for smaller groups.
Contact us with non-binding expression of interest for workshops or seminars. For pricing, we require the following information: which workshop or seminar, your institution, potential dates, audience size and their fields of research.